Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Driver's Test: FAIL AGAIN

I didn't even make it out of the parking lot this time.

I failed Parallel Park.

I don't even know how I could fail parking. Twenty years of driving, twenty years of parking experience.

I blame the posts. These posts mark the parking box. You must park inside the box without bumping any post.

FAIL

I use cars as my guide when I park. I don't know how to use posts as my reference point. The last time I used a post as my reference point was in my drivers test in Malaysia 20 years ago.

So how?

Moving on.

Dad, my accompanying driver, gets back into the car.

Dad:  I didn't know you don't know how to park!
Me:  (Thanks Dad)...
Dad:  Let's go practise in town.

We drive to town. Dad picks out a spot between two really expensive cars. I obediently parallel park.

Amazing!

Dad: Hmm... It's perfect.
Me: I know. I know how to park.

SIGHHHH!!!!

I have one more chance at taking this test.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave a comment!