Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

How to Schedule a Driver's Test in PA

Now you have your learner's permit in hand (see my previous post on how to apply for a learner's permit)

The next step is scheduling the driver's exam. 

Preferably, this should be done after you are reasonably confident of actually passing it. 

You can schedule your test over the phone (call 1-800-932-4600) or online

For both, you'll need to refer to your learner's permit, so keep it handy in front of you.

For online scheduling, you'll be entering your Driver/ID number and birthdate to log in and schedule your appointment. 

Once logged in, you're given the option of selecting the Diver's License Center you wish to be tested at. To save time and gas, it's best to choose one that is near you.

In my area, there was a quite the crowd of folks all wanting to undergo a driver's test. Driver's tests are totally the 'in' thing this summer, it seems. The waiting time for all test centers within 30 miles, was about three weeks!

Oh well.

So it's all scheduled for me, and I'll let you know how it went - stay tuned!

By the way, since I have a Malaysian driver's license (which is in English), I could possibly drive myself to the testing center and take the test. You can do that with an international license. But I decided to play it safe and get Mom or Dad to chauffeur me there. They will have to show their license to the examiner too. It's all done according to procedure in these establishments. 

xo Gracie

p.s It would be GREAT if you could click on any ad here - my sponsors give me a few cents per click. Thanks for supporting my blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave a comment!